Monday 31 July 2017

Week 3 - Time to Reflect - Collaborative Study

Wow, what an amazing three weeks, time has flown by and I had forgotten how intensive postgrad study was. I have enjoyed getting stuck into the work and whereas in the past I have studied on my own am really enjoying the opportunity of working collaboratively with another colleague.

Benefits of collaborative study
- when things get a bit over whelming there is someone else to talk, text or email to
- you can organise your ideas and thoughts and discuss whether or not you have actually understood what you are needing to do
- you are able to negotiate roles and jobs and know that the other person is working just as hard as you to complete the task.
- when you panic there is someone else to talk some rationale thoughts into your scatty brain and help bring order

Have I found there any disadvantages?
At this stage no, Paul and I have enough similarities and differences not too rub each other up the wrong way (although I know I can talk too much and sometimes get a little assertive)We have worked so long together we have gotten to know each others habits and quirks 


It can get a bit squashed when we are filming sometimes, original photo had three of us in it and we had like 1 minute to get a photo, trying to avoid taking any more photos than necessary - James got the chop and we could reuse the image!













Our First Filming/Video
We had decided that we would like to try to upgrade our skills in our presentation format.
Week 2s in class presentation was a powerpoint with voice over that had been exported as a video

Andrew my 9 year old son convinced us that we could produce a video that was just like what the gamers do when they create their You Tube clips. Andrew had the software and the power as our editor, Paul and I had the powerpoint and script.

If worse cam to worse we would be able to create a powerpoint with voice over as the week before. (Hence why Paul and I have set aside Mondays after school as our Grad work time)

Andrew was felt very proud of his role as editor n chief

And while Paul and I were fueling up on coffee Andrew created a wee intro which would be a shame not to publish.

I don't think Andrew, Paul and I would realise how long it would take for us to record and layer a 3 minute video.

We all now hold television presenters in high esteem and understand why 7 minutes of filming a cafe scene for a television series could take 12 hours









No comments:

Post a Comment

Change in My Professional Practice

Week 32 Key change in my professional practice It is quite a nice way to finish the last entry in this collection of reflective blogs lo...